Friday 5 October 2012

How to save a life.

That talk we had last night. It is so related to the song "How to save a life" by The Fray.
The lyrics when it goes:
"
Step one, you say, “We need to talk”

He walks, you say, “Sit down, it's just a talk”He smiles politely back at youYou stare politely right on through "
I knew you need to meet your friends for a game of DOTA. when i asked you you what time did you need to go? You said anytime. Then you asked what time i want to go home and i said "9+" and your face turned a little sour. I knew you were worried you were going to be late for the game. But the LAN room is open 24/7. The game and your friends can wait. This talk can't. This talk has been on my mind since the previous night. Throughout the day i was with you i was rather quiet cause i have been practicing what to say in my mind. I was dying to let it all out. Cause i just couldn't take it anymore. When i planned the strong, crying was part of it. I wanted to be strong. When i confronted you about your lie, i stared you in the eye. But you kept denying politely. And we kept staring at each other and i could feel my heart getting crushed and my eyes was starting to sting. And i just let it all out. I cried and talk and scolded and refused to listen to you. I couldn't accept your explanations. You said it was because you were afraid, you didn't want to hurt me. Then why did you lie? This not only hurt me. This kills me. It destroyed all the trust i had for you. I am giving you another chance but i can't help feeling down and disappointed. I can hardly look you in the eye without feeling any pain. You just don't understand how i feel because nobody has ever lied to you straight in the face before. 
The lyrics:
"Lay down a list of what is wrong
  The things you've told him all along
  And pray to god he hears you
  And pray to god he hears you
"
"As he begins to raise his voice
  You lower yours and grant him one last choice
  Drive until you lose the road
  Or break with the ones you've followed 
"
"He will do one of two things
  He will admit to everything
  Or he'll say he's just not the same
  And you'll begin to wonder why you came
"

I told you everything you did wrong and you have no reasonable answers to give. I was trying to help you. Give you a direction in life. Make you a better man. But you are not listening. You are not trying. I wish to give up but i am not the kind of person to stop what i am doing half way. I have come this far and i must not let my effort go to waste. I pray to god for help. I pray that you will heed my advice. I hope something will get into your head and down into your heart. Not into one ear and out of the other. But then again, as i am trying to help you, i think... I am helping you. But who is helping me? Am i strong enough to actually help and guide you? I am just a girl. Maybe, just maybe, as i am trying to help you, i might lose myself along the way.

I talked to you as nicely as possible. I did not raise my voice. But you begin to get angry and impatient. You got violent. You started hitting things. And that really scares me. I wanted to reach out to you, deep within you and just calm you down. I want you to silently listen to me and absorb and understand all that i am trying to tell you. There is no need to get so worked up. I kept myself quiet for that moment, afraid you will make anymore unnecessary violent actions.
You admitted to the lies. But you stood up for them. You knew it is wrong but you choose to say they are right. I really thought, why did i bother talking to you? You just won't get me. You are in your own world. Everything is always about you. You are right. Your reasons are good. You want sex. You want smoke. You want sleep. You want DOTA. You don't want to study. You hate school. You hate Singaporeans. You think China people are still the best. It is always about you. 
You never spare a thought about what i have been doing. What i am trying to do. Why i am doing do all this? And it is for who? You never spare a thought about my feelings, thoughts, pains, happiness. I have done everything for you. You have done nothing for me. Not a single sense of gratitude or appreciation for what i have done. Maybe i should just stop it all. Stop trying. Stop saving this relationship for falling further into the pitfall. If i stop, there would be no more us. Would you want that? I can't be the only one trying to save us every time. I need you to work with me. This a relationship. Not a one man ship. I am not single. I need you to be in this together with me. And please, you are the man. Why am i doing everything?   

No comments:

Post a Comment